Succulent Plants from A to Z
October 24, 2009 0 Commentsadmin
- A is in behalf of Aloe, which is all alone of most of all commonly of note succulent genus, and which includes the pan out healing Aloe vera.
- B is in behalf of Black Rose, common name in behalf of Aeonium arboreum, whose clusters of grow dark leaves do without have a rose like shape.
- C is in behalf of Cactus, the prickly K. of the succulent plants.
- D is in behalf of Dracaena draco, also of note as with the Dragon Tree, which is very passionless growing but then also lanky lived.
- E is in behalf of Euphorbia, a fair genus of plants many of whom are succulents, and includes Euphorbia milii or the Crown of Thorns.
- F is in behalf of Fire Sticks, or Euphorbia tirucalli, which many well-educated stems topped w. r., making them be like sticks glowing w. catch fire.
- G is in behalf of Gasteria, whose name comes fm. the Latin in behalf of stomach which refers to their “stomach-shaped” flowers.
- H is in behalf of Hens and Chicks, common name in behalf of Sempervivum, each of which put around fm. the mother “hen” plant w. adjacent insignificant “chicks” I is in behalf of Ice plant, common name in behalf of Delosperma cooperi, the tough succulent vegetation w. pink or yellow flowers.
- J is in behalf of Jade Plant, common name in behalf of Crassula ovata whose think g. leaves do without indeed resemble jade.
- K is in behalf of Kalanchoe, a genus which includes several succulents w. vibrant flowers of different colors.
- L is in behalf of Lithops, which be like little g. elephant toes.
- M is in behalf of Mother-in-law’s tongue, the common name in behalf of Sansevieria trifasciata, which have swordlike leaves fact that are as many a time as with not variegated.
- N is in behalf of Navelwort, the common name in behalf of Umbilicus rupestris, which have roundish leaves w. a navel-like indentation in the IC.
- O is in behalf of Orchid Cactus, the common name in behalf of Epiphyllum, each of which have lanky Fl. stems and strange orchid like flowers
- P is in behalf of Pachypodium, a homebrew of distinctive succulent trees and shrubs which as many a time as with not have fat trunks topped w. insignificant leaves.
- Q is in behalf of Quite Drought Resistant, which describes most succulents.
- R is in behalf of Rosary vine, the common name in behalf of Crassula rupestris, a succulent w. leaves who’s habit resembles Catholoc rosary beads
- S is in behalf of Sedum, which key on many solemn cascading plants including the moderated Donkey’s Tail
- T is in behalf of Teddy bear cholla, the common name in behalf of Opuntia bigelovii, which may look out soft and cuddly, but then it is not.
- U is in behalf of Unicorn, which seems like it would make a big common name in behalf of a succulent but then does not seem to be.
- V is in behalf of Variegation, which are w. or yellow markings on g. leaves, and many succulents have.
- W is in behalf of Wax plant, common name in behalf of Hoya carnosa, a vine w. fragrant clusters of star shaped flowers.
- X is in behalf of Xeriscaping, which is landscaping without irrigation – perfect in behalf of succulents.
- Y is in behalf of Yellow chin-cactus, the common name in behalf of Gymnocalycium leeanum, which produces
- Z is in behalf of Zebra Plant, the common name in behalf of Haworthia fasciata, which have distinctive zebra like stripes.